Thursday, April 30, 2015

Am I a King James Bible believer?

   Over the last ten years, I have come to support the King James Bible.  I believe the text from which the Authorized version was translated is absolutely perfect. (Textus Receptus Greek, and Hebrew Masoretic text )
Also I have come to understand just why many English literature scholars have recognized the Authorized Version as the greatest piece of English literature in History.  The obvious conclusion is that it perfectly or completely conveys the meaning of the text and therefore gives us the perfect word of God.
These are things I believe.  Therefore, I am a believer.  Therefore, I could call myself a King James Bible believer.
But words are funny.  When we say we believe in something, it can have hidden meanings.   Do I believe in?  or Do I believe that?  Is the King James Bible the object of my faith?
No.  I do not believe in the KJB in and of itself.  I believe in the God who inspired it.  Specifically I am a King Jesus Believer. (P.S. this phrase may be confusing.  in a regular conversation I have no problem saying I believe in the BIble.  I am just explaining what I mean by that.)
Matthew 16: 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
What binds us is faith in Christ. What binds us is faith in His blood.
Romans 3: 25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 
  I have yet to find a passage in the Bible that says that I am to put my faith "in" the Bible.  Although I have found passages that teach the Word of God put's faith in me!( the Bible gives me information to believe)
Romans 10: 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 and how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
I believe that Jesus makes this point.
John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."
See, people can push orthodoxy and yet miss the gospel. They can believe in the concept and yet ignore the implication of that concept.
  This is one thing we have to be wary of when we deal with movements.  Movements are unlike denominations in that movements are not structured.  They are more emotional than theological.  This leads to confusion.
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."
   Movements can bring division among believers and cause ministries to be stopped.
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15 lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name."
  As we see Paul was concerned with the name.   
This is a key issue with calling yourself "king james/king james bible believer"  This is an issue that I could see in Bible college with Calvinism.  Once a movement starts it becomes a sect and then a clique.  At which point the clique will add upon the gospel.
galatians 1: 11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." 
gal. 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"

   It seems that in the phantom of fundamentalism,  every solid doctrine or even  recovered idea is coated with pride so that it may ward away the average christian.  Doctrines are made "fundamental"  If you can get a small group to agree and then judge others by that standard.
Luke 18:
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Now I understand that the Bible teaches separatism.  It teaches separatism from unbelievers.
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?"
  But at the point where we condemn believer's as unbelievers even when they have confessed belief in the same gospel of grace that we are not longer operating in holiness.
Romans 1:29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
   Is there a lot of time spent in the pulpits or online  commiting these sins?  Gossip, being malicious, whispering, debate, ill will, whispering etc?  If the church is acting like the heathen in these areas we need to consider If we are acting  according to the Holy Spirit or the unholy spirit. ( I confess times that I have.)

1 corinthians 5: 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."    A railer Is one who makes "railing accusations".  Are we being verbally abusive in fellowship.

romans 16: 17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."  Are we causing Divisions between real born again Christians and causing people to Stumble?

   We need to run from worldliness.  And the New Evangelical movement suffers from it's own worldliness. But worldliness is not escaped through isolation.  It is escaped through humiliation.

   Now I want to say that I have seen many soul winning churches who have made a stand on the KJV and they have been quite fruitful.  But when we look at the King James Bible Believer movement.  Though there are many faithful Christians using that title.   There are also people out there that are bringing perverse attitudes and doctrines.  I believe it is the name movement attitude that has opened this door.  We have only Christ to boast in and absolutely nothing else!
 2 corinthians 3:
And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: 13 and not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 but their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ."
The Bible can be called King James, but the Messiah will be called  Jesus Christ!

No comments: